My cousin, Cameron
Willingham, was a great man. He loved his family and would do anything for them. This is why I was in such shock when I heard the news that he had killed his family in a house fire. I could not believe it. My cousin is not the person to do this. He would never do anything to harm them. In 1992, he was convicted in Texas and twelve years later, in 2004, he was executed.
In 1992, prosecutors believed that this was an arson fire. They thought he would actually do this to his family. I knew he would never though. Then, later on when new evidence came about that proved this was just an accident (the fire started on its own from somewhere inside the house), I was furious. I could not believe they killed this great man who did nothing wrong. It was never his fault. Our whole family could not believe it. For this reason, I am completely against the death penalty. No innocent person should be put to death and no family should have to deal with this.
http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/node/1325
No comments:
Post a Comment